Wednesday, February 8, 2012

HELLO! Welcome to My Blog!


For my first entry I will tell you a little bit about myself and why I created this blog.

First off, I would like to say that I am by no means an expert on health and fitness. This blog is meant to document my journey as well as motivate myself towards my goal. Hopefully along the way I might be able to motivate others as well!

I was a fat kid…pretty plain and simple. After looking through some photos at my brothers house I realized that I wasn’t just chubby…I was fat. And that’s ok! It has brought me to where I am now. The summer between my Freshman and Sophomore years of high school I decided I didn’t want to be the fat kid anymore. I started eating healthier and working out almost every day. In the end, I lost about 25 pounds! I was no longer the fat kid and I had so much more self-confidence and felt like I could excel in sports even more!

I do have to note that like many teenage girls there were times that I went about losing weight in the incorrect/unhealthy way. I now know that is detrimental to my body and will never go back to that.

Anyways…so throughout high school I was able to keep the weight off through participating in sports, going to the gym and eating pretty healthy (for a teenager). My senior year of high school I decided to try wrestling…that was probably the best shape I have ever been in! I wrestled at 135 and most of it was muscle! =) Its pretty easy to stay fit and eat healthy when you know you have to make weight on Thursday afternoon.

When I went off to college I was a little scared that I would gain a lot of weight….Freshman 15. While I didn’t gain 15 pounds…I wasn’t in the shape as wrestling, that’s for sure! My sophomore year I decided to enlist some one to help me drop some of the lbs from freshman year. I was training with Sean about 2 times per week and working out on my own the rest of the time. I got in much better shape and was finally back to an “athletic” body fat percentage. Sean used to say I would be even fitter if I just gave up drinking…but isn’t that what college is all about!?!?

My junior year I studied abroad in Australia. To make a long story short…a lot beer, fries and hung over food equated to me gaining about 10 pounds.

Through out the pas 5 years I have lost most of the “Australia weight,” but I’m still not quite where I want to be.

I am a person that loves a competition and in order for me to really succeed I need to be working towards something. In January 2010 I ran a half marathon and most recently in November I participated in boxing match. Knowing that I have something to work towards really keeps me going. When I was training for boxing even when I didn’t want to go to the gym I would force myself so I wouldn’t get my ass kicked in front of all my friends!

One other thing…I got in engaged in July! What better motivation than knowing you have an upcoming wedding where those pictures of you will literally last forever! Not to mention everyone will be looking at you so you want to look your best!

So, that basically brings us to now. I have the motivation of my wedding as well as he self motivation that I know I want to make a move into the fitness and health industry. I don’t want to get to my wedding date and have this journey end, I really want this to be a lifelong thing that I am dedicated to sticking to.

I just ordered my study materials to take the test to become a Certified Group Fitness Instructor. So, in three short months I will be leading some group fitness.

Also, I just started Cross Fit…which I love so far!

Below are my goals for this blog and myself
  • Blog at least 3 times per week
  • Goal weight = 135lbs
  • Body Fat Percentage in the “athletic range”
  • Do 5 unassisted pull-ups
  • Get certified in Group Fitness Instructing
  • Eat healthy (explain in later blogs)
  • Beat Tyler in our competition (explained in another blog)
  • Set a goal each week
  • Have fun!!!


Stay tuned! There will be a “before” picture in the next blog…which I’m not psyched about. But hopefully it will make the “after” picture even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment