Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Little Valentine’s Break


Sometimes you just need a little break. On Valentine’s Day I was feeling a little run down, like I was getting sick. So, I decided not to exercise and instead I stayed at home with my two dozen roses and Skyped with my fiancé (sorry I had to brag a little). I had a couple glasses of wine (probably didn’t help the sickness, but hey, its Valentine’s Day!) I then went to bed early in the hopes I would feel better the next day.

On Wednesday I was still feeling really tired and had a headache, so once again I decided to forgo the workout. I really hate missing workouts, especially two days in a row! I wasn’t very happy with myself and kept trying to think of ways I could make up for it.

Today I felt much better and went on a run after work and then went to my CrossFit On-Ramp (intro) class. I felt great after both workouts and realized that I just needed a little break.

Sometimes I am guilty of pushing myself too far and not taking time to relax and recover. I need to learn that missing a couple days isn’t the end of the world and in many cases it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment